- Home ›
- Emotions Articles ›
- Emotions and Feelings - Page 2 ›
- Emotions and Feelings - Page 3 ›
Be Patient – You Can Achieve Great Things in Life
Being patient is nothing but pleasant acceptance of incompetence or delay. Patience is not something easy to be followed all the times. Most of the times we have to be more alert and work at it.
Understand of the things you cannot change and be prepared to admit that. Concentrate on what you can change. Don’t be going behind something that you cannot change if you do so you will lose patience.
- Be focused: Be patient and focus on today’s work. Do not think about tomorrow or day after. Always try to remain in the now and present. Think about what you are doing that very moment to help keep your focus on the present. For example, if you are preparing banquet, concentrate only on it and think about how you are going to do it. Whatever work you are doing be focused and think all that you have to do in it and finish it successfully. Patience is a key to all success in life. Be patient and do not keep worrying as it is not going to change anything in life. It is not going to make the situation any better. Focusing on a work and a positive attitude can help you a lot.
- Look around: Keep in mind that it is not always about you and when you are in a rush you fail to remember that other people also have needs. You do not know what is going on in other people’s life. The individual in front of you that is sluggish may have something going on in their life that is much worse than yours. Be patient and look around on other people’s position always do not be concerned only about you.
- Make a list: Write down all that makes you happy and try to do one of these when you become impatient or when you find yourself worried or upset. Do activities that interest you like reading spiritual books, novels, watching a comedy movie or show, taking a warm shower, do something nice for yourself, and do something nice for someone else and so on. Patience is everything in life and if you lose it then you cannot succeed.
In leadership one of the greatest qualities is learning to be patient with coworkers. Be proud of yourself for becoming more alert that is how you can make changes in life. Excuse yourself when you make errors, gain knowledge from it and start progressing.
You cannot always change your situation at that particular instant you cannot change others but you can change your own attitude or approach. Be patient and achieve great things in life very soon.