Emotion of Envy
Envy is defined as painful or resentful awareness of an advantage enjoyed by another joined with a desire to possess the same advantage.
Eckhart Tolle says that envy is when you feels diminish when something good happen to another person. Or other person has more or did better than you. Envy is a comparation with other people therefore a clear sign of low self esteem.
Envy can be be harmful because it causes you to hurt the other person. It also creates lack of happiness and joy. When a person is always focus on what other people have and he/she doesn't ; a lot of emotions like resentment, anger and negativity appears.
Envy is a waist of time, the envy person is not able to see his blessings and gifts. Is always seeking what other people have and this creates an emptiness inside and the feelings of not being good enough.
5 Steps to overcome Envy
- Stop worrying and thinking about other people have and you don't.
- Focus on being grateful for what you have. On your skills and talents.
- Write every day the blessings in your life
- Work on your low self esteem. Start building self esteem to recognize your self-worth and value.
- Engage in an alternative therapy : Emotional Freedom Techniques, or try the self-hypnosis download: Overcome envy
Envy is a negative emotion that creates more resentment and hate in your life. Start using envy as a gift instead , by acknowledging your envy you are able to recognize and be aware of your low self-worth.