Emotion of Happiness
Happiness is defined as a state of mind or feeling characterized by contentment, love, satisfaction, pleasure, or joy .
Some other ways to define happiness are:
- True happiness is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose. This definition of happiness by Helen Keller.
- Happiness is man's greatest aim in life. Tranquility and rationality are the cornerstones of happiness. This definition of happiness by Epicures.
- Realize that true happiness lies within you. Waste no time and effort searching for peace and contentment and joy in the world outside. Remember that there is no happiness in having or in getting, but only in giving. Reach out. Share. Smile. Hug. Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself. Og Mandino.
- Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence. This definition of happiness by Aristotle.
- Happiness ain't a thing in itself--it's only a contrast with something that ain't pleasant. This definition of happiness by Mark Twain.
- Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, And the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. This definition of happiness by Buddha.
- By all means marry: If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher. This definition of happiness by Socrates.
- To be truly happy and contented, you must let go of what it means to be happy or content. This definition of happiness by Confucius.
- Happiness can be defined, in part at least, as the fruit of the desire and ability to sacrifice what we want now for what we want eventually. This definition of happiness by Stephen Covey.
Happiness is important because can help us achieve many personal ambitions and goals. Happiness can also change many other lives just by being ourselves.
Happiness make us more compassionate, more creative, more energetic, more financially successful etc. Happiness is not only important to our personal lives but is also important to our global community.
Another reason why happiness is important is that positive feelings change the chemical make up of our bodies, producing chemicals that enhance immunity and cell repair, therefore, happiness is important for a healthy body.
Happiness makes easier to be romantically involved and have multiple close friendships. Happier people are more attractive
- Choose hobbies you enjoy.
- Choose your thoughts. We become what we think . Happy people actively choose to think these happy thoughts therefore they are optimistic.
- Feel Appreciation. Appreciation is the ability to see the positive in something more strongly than the negative.
- Feel Gratitude.
- Forgiveness. Forgiveness is letting go of the hate and anger
- Choose to Give. Happy people give to others and that giving to others makes them happy.
- Choose a Spiritual Life.
Happiness is the undying quest of life. Happiness is what we all seek for. As Harrison Ford said: "Being happy is something you have to learn. I often surprise myself by saying "Wow, this is it. I guess I'm happy. I got a home I love. A career that I love. I'm even feeling more and more at peace with myself." If there's something else to happiness, let me know. I'm ambitious for that, too."