Rejection is a common experience that every people have gone through. Be it in professional or personal aspects of life, experiencing rejection makes people doubt their own abilities and stop exploring possibilities for fear of going through the same painful process again.
What causes a fear of rejection? The causes of fear of rejection can range from believes that make a person feel unattractive to others, being rejected as a child, or having been abandoned or unloved. The causes also can be low self -esteem, low sense of self-worth or lack a healthy self-concept.
Fear of rejection can limit your potential for success. Some people who’ve been way too disheartened by rejection ends up refusing to take on challenging tasks in their jobs or would be forever afraid of starting relationships. The fear of being rejected can be so powerful that it can control the path of your life. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
There are ways in which you can overcome fear and improve your self esteem. Here are some simple tips to ponder on:
- Attract good karma. The first thing that you should remember is the mind set. Fear of rejection stems from the fact that you expect it to happen. You should not anticipate negative things; try to always focus on positive thoughts. However, if you are the type of person who is not optimistic by nature, surround yourself with people who can keep the optimism within your circle.
- Raise your confidence level by learning when you should assert your right. Studies show that people with low self esteem has a high tendency of being a crowd pleaser. Because they feel inadequate, they feel that to be accepted by other people they must always agree to what they were asked to do. Keep in mind that voicing your thoughts and knowing when to say no is a huge factor in setting higher self confidence since it allows you to demonstrate your real self and be accepted for who you are.
- Acknowledge the root of your fear. Rather that hiding and escaping from it, relive the first time you felt the pain of rejection. It is not easy. Some people never want to look back to the things that hurt them. But the process of moving on requires that you recognize the rejection and the reasons behind it. Look back and ask yourself, what have you learned from it? If you were to go back, how would you have reacted? Imagine yourself going back to the same situation, smarter and much confident knowing that everything will be alright in the end.
- Never let your thoughts dictate what you should feel. Life coaches suggest that constructive imagination helps in overcoming fear of rejection. Think about situations where you might face rejection and what could be your possible reactions to it? By using imagination, you can play out the scenarios in your mind which are helpful in building the confidence that you’ll need once you face that situation.
- The last most important tip that you should remember in overcoming fear of rejection is to positively accept that rejection happens in life. The key is to understand that however hard it may be, you should always survive because rejection is part of the learning process that allows people to grow and be successful in life.
How to Overcome Your Fear of Rejection | Brian Tracy
Brian Tracy shares his proven 4 step formula for overcoming these fears and changing your attitude from negative to positive
Dealing with rejection. As you relax and listen repeatedly to your download, you’ll notice a number of changes :
- feel much calmer and more at ease generally
- develop a wider perspective on rejections you’ve experienced
- find you can let go more quickly
- value yourself whether others approve of or accept you or not
- feel much more confident
Download Dealing With Rejection , you can listen on your computer or device or via our free app . Dealing with Rejection has been purchased by 454 customers.
Read Fears books