5 Steps To Be Happy - The Key For A Better Life!!
To be happy just decide to be a happy person. The choice is simple, choose to be happy. There are several ways by which you can do this but always remember that genuine happiness comes from within. As Abraham Lincoln said:
"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
Genuine happiness isn‟t about driving the hottest car, nor getting the employee of the year award, or earning the highest month pay.
So, how do you become genuinely happy?. Every one has his own definition of happiness. However, you don't have to have the best things in this world to be happy. It's about doing and making the best out of every single thing.
The dictionary defines happiness as:
a: a state of well-being and contentment: joy b : a pleasurable or satisfying experience
When you are contented with the job you have, the way you look, with your family, your friends, the place you live in, your car, and all the things you now have, you are genuinely happy. Every time you exert effort to improve the quality of life and your being, whether it is cleaning up your room, helping a friend, taking care of your sick dog, you are living a satisfying experience.
Therefore happiness comes with contentment and living a satisfying experience.
Being happy doesn't mean you're perfect. It just means you've decided to look beyond the imperfection. K.B
5 Steps To Be Happy
Step 1: Know Yourself
“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom”. Aristotle
You have to know yourself in order to be happy. Ask yourself the following questions:
- What do I really want?
- Am I comfortable with what I'm doing?
- Have I done enough for myself?
- Am I happy at where I am today?
- What motivates me?
1. Know your purpose. Are you wandering through life with little direction - hoping that you'll find happiness, health and prosperity? Identify your life purpose and you will have your own unique compass that will lead you to your truth north every time.
2. Know your values. What do you value most? Make a list of your top 5 values. Some examples are security, freedom, family, love, and learning. As you set your goals, make sure to check your goals against your values. If the goal doesn't align with any of your top five values, you may want to reconsider it or revise it.
3. Know your needs. Unmet needs can keep you from living authentically. Take care of yourself. Do you have a need to be acknowledged, to be right, to be loved? Make a list your top four needs and get them met before its too late!.
4. Know your passions. You know who you are and what you truly enjoy in life. Obstacles like doubt and lack of enthusiasm will only hinder you, but will not derail your chance to become the person you ought to be. Express yourself and honor the people who has inspired you to become the very person you wanted to be.
5. Live from the inside out. Increase your awareness and inner wisdom by regularly being in silence. Commune with nature. Breathe deeply to quiet your distracted mind.
6. Know and Honor your strengths. What are your positive traits? What special talents do you have? List Three. Find ways to express your authentic self through your strengths. You can increase your self-confidence when you can share what you know to others.
7. Serve others. When you live authentically, you may find that you develop an interconnected sense of being. When you are true to who you are, living your purpose and giving of your talents to the world around you, you give back in service what you came to share with others.